Thursday, November 10, 2011

When opportunity knocks, you either answer the door or roll on down the line


I've been anxious the last few weeks about not having any inspiration for new songs. Part of that, I think, is that there's only so much creativity available in the well, what with what's required of me at work and even on a personal level, to take photos and post things here. Fortunately, I've had a few welcomed lightning bolts the last few days, not exactly those "the whole song came to me at once" things you hear so much about, but a combination of things I see, feel and hear that have produced a few lines with a rhythm that to me feel like a song. This morning, I saw these tanker cars passing through Orrick and there was a single spot where the morning sun was casting light on the cars. I pulled over and took this one shot and then it (the train, not the light) was gone. From that little moment the words "I guess that says it all about opportunity" popped in my head. I scribbled a few things down, including a visual image or two, and that was it. Maybe a song, maybe not. I'll need a melody and a chord progression, so it may take another inspiring moment, another jolt of one kind or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment