Sunday, December 11, 2011

I don't know everything there is to know about sleeping. Thinking on my feet, sometimes I'm able. Sleeping on my feet? Another story completely.

I'm a good sleeper and proficient napper, but I have nothing on these boys cuttin' some ZZZs along Business 10 near Richmond. I can sleep in my car at lunch, nap three times a day on the weekend and fall asleep at night after sucking down more caffeine in a day than Dave Dudley*. But sleep on my feet? It might be something I could set as a long-term goal, just not in this lifetime. For one thing, if I fell asleep I'd probably have a sleep twitch, lose my balance and fall flat on my ashtabulah.  Now leaning against a wall, that's something I might consider. (Dave Dudley had a big hit with the truck-driving song "Six Days on the Road".)

No comments:

Post a Comment