Saturday, July 30, 2011

To Sleep Soundly, Meander More

     I have a photo or two that I haven't posted from the recent excursion down Ray County Line Road and points East, West, North and South (i.e. I really didn't have much of an idea where I was, other than the setting sun).

     Had fun with an otherwise unexciting shot of an old barn, a weathered one made from wood with a door that's hanging by a thread and a tangle of overgrown weeds in front. The photo was OK in color, nothing special, but I turned it to black and white and then sepia to find something I liked more. This won't win any awards, but it's that peaceful easy feeling you find on quiet country roads.

     The other shot's of a horse that had to wonder (and this is a direct quote), "What's this fool up to? I bet he works for the assessor." I tried to frame the photo with the three bales of hay in front, but what I like about it is that the horse's curiosity rivals mine, possibly exceeds it.

     If you like a photo, have advice or would just like to leave a comment, feel free. If you'd like a copy of one of my before-work or after-work photos, let me know at dknopf@kc.rr.com. I can e-mail a high-resolution file or burn it to a CD and mail it to you for a reasonable price.

     Thanks again for looking and reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment